Often our first interaction when meeting someone can be their last impression of you for quite some time. I personally used to struggle when meeting peers and leaders because I would ask very basic questions that would end in awkwardness for both of us. It’s important to know that initial conversations with most people can be challenging, but if you can help control the conversation you will make the introduction a positive one. Try some of these 8 Engaging Phrases to use when Meeting Someone in Business:
- Tell me about your history with (company) and what got you to your current role.
- What all is working well in your department?
- What do you hope to accomplish in your career over the next 5 years?
- What are you and your team focused on over the next few months?
- What kind of opportunities are you facing currently in your (store, department, region etc.)?
View original post 168 more words